Amnesty's Annual General Meeting and National Conference
"An inspiring weekend with a real buzz" - 2012 AGM delegate
University of Warwick, Coventry, 13 - 14 April 2013
Thanks to all who joined us in Coventry for two days of international speakers, thought-provoking panel discussions, and workshops where you can share skills, knowledge and experiences.
Any questions? Get in touch
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances our keynote speaker - the Honorable Ms Fawzia Koofi - is no longer able to attend the AGM.
We are delighted that we will still be joined by Zarghuna Kargar, former presenter of groundbreaking programme Afghan Woman's Hour now working on current affairs programmes for the BBC Afghan Service.
Who's the AGM for?
All members of Amnesty International are welcome and encourages to come to our National Conference and Annual General Meeting (AGM). It's your chance to meet the diverse membership that makes Amnesty what it is, and share skills, knowledge and experience on campaigning for human rights.
Not a member of Amnesty International? Find out how you can join Amnesty and the benefits of becoming a member
What will we do?
At the two-day event you'll have the chance to
- Hear from inspirational speakers on issues like women's rights in Afghanistan
- Visit the exhibition and find out all the many ways you can stay involved with Amnesty
- Meet Amnesty International UK staff, volunteers and other like-minded Amnesty members
- Participate in the decision-making of Amnesty International UK by debating and voting on a wide range of human rights issues
- Develop your skills, knowledge and experience at workshops
- Be inspired, engaged, empowered and informed!
All Amnesty UK members can attend and vote at the AGM.
Votes are allocated as follows:
- Individual/Family members (Aged 14+) - One Vote
- Affiliate member - One vote for the first 5000 members and a further vote for 10,000 members or part thereof up to a maximum of 10 votes
- Groups (Local/Student/Youth) - 10 votes
Please note: due to an error in the collation process, there is a paragraph missing from the Board background note for Resolution D3 on Stability and Structure within the main resolution paper.
If you have any queries about the conduct of AGM business, contact the Standing Orders Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: due to an error, an early version of the EGM 2013 Special Resolutions are referred to in the conference pack.
Booking for this year's AGM closed on Monday 11 March 2013
5pm, 11 February 2013
Deadline for submitting resolutions for discussion at the AGM
1pm, 11 April 2013
Closing date for proxy vote forms to be returned
13 - 14 April 2013
National Conference and AGM
See full details of attendance costs (including terms and conditions around concessionary and free places)
The resolutions above reference a number of documents. You can download most of them here, but there are a few that are confidential and will only be made available to our members. These are:
- Blueprint for an Integrated and results driven IS, closer to the ground
- Circular 3 ICM Prep Pack
- Dame Anne Owers report Nov 2011
- GTP Roadmap
- Compass Report - Independent review of the IEC
- Global Transition Programme - Reference Group Report
|[Acrobat PDF]||AGM 2013 decisions|
|[Acrobat PDF]||Amnesty UK constitution|
|[Acrobat PDF]||AIUK ICM Resolution - Restricted Giving|
|[Acrobat PDF]||ICM Resolution - Sporting Organisations|
|[Acrobat PDF]||Implementation of ICM decision 1|
|[Acrobat PDF]||Chairs Assembly and Directors Forum - February 2013|
|[Acrobat PDF]||AIUK Standing Orders|
Over 540 activists and staff met at Manchester University for our 2012 AGM and National Conference for three days, 13 - 15 April, where we heard from keynote speaker Mounir Atassi from Syria, and took action to call on the UK government to support a global Arms Trade Treaty.
Get a sense of what goes on by having a look at last year's event: check out our Storify of the 2012 AGM
|[Acrobat PDF]||AGM Decisions 2012|
|[Acrobat PDF]||AGM 2011 Decisions Implementation Report - Amended Post AGM|
|[Acrobat PDF]||AGM Decisions 2011|