How we are structured and governed
Amnesty International UK is one of over 50 nationally organised sections that make up Amnesty International worldwide membership organisation.
Our 12-month Governance 'taskforce'
The 2013 Annual General Meeting decided to establish a task force to review governance of Amnesty International UK. It is likely that between May 2013 and April 2014 the group will meet between four to six times. The deadline for applications to join the taskforce has now passed.
If you are interested in what the duties of the taskforce are, please:
How we are governed
Amnesty International UK is divided into two legal entities, each with their own constitution.
Charitable Trust For historical legal reasons, the Charitable Trust was formed to carry out activities deemed charitable under English law. Find out more
If you would like to contact us about the governance of Amnesty International UK, please email email@example.com
Join our Subcommittees
Amnesty's Board of Directors is given advice on areas such as expenditure and policy-making by a range of specialist Subcommittees. This year four of those sub-committees are looking for new members to join their teams:
The deadline for applications is Friday 21 June.
Board election results 2012- 2015
The successful candidates in the election of Amnesty International UK Board for 2012 to 2015 are:
- Katie McSherry (Boothby)
- Hugh Whitby, Rona Keen (elected unopposed for the Country Co-ordinator reserved seat) and
- Tom Hedley (elected unopposed for the Network reserved seat).
They join Ciarnan Helferty, Brian Landers, Brian Gilda, Harrison Littler, Hannah Perry, Peter J. Murray, Sharmila Kar, Sarah O'Grady and Collette Crill to make up the full Board for the coming year.
- AGM and National Conference
- Nominations Committee
- The Standing Orders Committee
- Members' and Directors' Appeals Committee
- About the Board
- The roles and responsibilities of our Senior Management team
- The international issues sub-committee
- The Finance Sub-Committee
- The active membership sub-committee
- The Joint Consultative Committee
- Our activist constituencies and representative bodies
- Regional Representatives Forum
- Country Coordinators Forum and Steering Committee
- Individual members, special interest networks and committees
- Trade union affiliates and Trade Union Network Committee
- Trainers Working Group
- Student Action Network and Committee