Are you a teacher with a passion for human rights, equality and justice?
Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme will give you the expertise to engage your students with human rights.
Our CPD teacher training course will strengthen your skills in teaching and training colleagues and you will meet experts in human rights education to support your professional development. You will also receive the latest resources and try out exciting tools and methods to explore human rights issues in your classroom, your subject area and your wider school community.
Human rights education engages young people in key ethical, social and political issues in a way that is exciting and relevant. As an Amnesty Teacher you will be an advocate for human rights education in your school and beyond.
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday 2 October 2015. The three dates for the course are 14 November 2015, 16 January 2016 and 18 June 2016.
What teachers say
Our recent evaluation found:
- 100% would recommend it to a colleague
- 100% strongly agreed that activities were relevant and useful
- 92% rated the programme as 'Outstanding'
Here's what teachers have said about the programme:
- ‘Inspirational and practical'
- 'The course has really helped give me new ideas to use in the classroom and has increased my confidence in tackling difficult situations’
- ‘Brilliant I’ve met great and inspirational people. So pleased I did it’
28 Apr 2014, 4:14pm